Our proven system of hands-on training and peer-to-peer support has helped thousands of people land new jobs and relaunch their careers. And unlike job placement and resume-writing services, you’ll have the major benefit of support from a community for as long as you need it. 40Plus is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1953; no one receives any compensation.
The core of the 40Plus program is a training course focused on up-to-date Job Search Skills -- four weeks of classes (a total of 43 hours) on how to sell yourself to employers by mastering:
- TMAYs, or Tell Me About Yourself. Quick and effective talks about your skills and accomplishments and how to customize them for specific situations.
- Success Bites. Develop short stories that emphasize results and become the building blocks of effective resumes and responses to interview questions.
- Resumes and Cover Letters. Make them sharp, focused and targeted to the specific job opening using the 40Plus system.
- Interviewing. You’ll be video-recorded doing TMAYs and realistic interviews that are watched and constructively critiqued in class.
- Networking. Learn the latest about social networking, filling your schedule with networking opportunities, and getting valuable informational interviews.
Classes are small -- usually six or seven people -- and meet two or three nights a week and on Saturdays. Two experienced facilitators, who have taken the course themselves, lead each class.
See our video for what others who've taken the class have to say.
To apply, complete and submit our application, or contact us at 202-387-1582 or